Become a Certified Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) for Government Practitioner (SGP)
Why Is Packaged Agile Training Unique?
- Only company exclusively focused on SAFe for Government
- Near Perfect Reviews: average participant feedback rating is 4.8 on 5.0 scale!
- Interactive exercises, real-world examples from Government Agencies
- Included in price: a 30 minute private Q&A / consulting session with instructor
- Deep experience: one of first companies in world granted approval to teach SGP course
- All trainers have over 20 years’ experience
- Certification fee included in price
Who is this class for?
- Government and Government contractor executives, directors, branch chiefs, unit chiefs
- Managers and senior staff involved with development, engineering, QA, architecture, operations, support
- Program managers, project managers, Project Management Office (PMO) staff
- Procurement staff, Contracting Officer (CO) representatives (COR, COTR)
- Anyone interested in improving effectiveness and saving money on large-scale Government programs
When and Where?
Thu Jun 6, 9:00 AM – Fri Jun 7, 5:00 PM (EDT)
11951 Freedom Drive, Reston, VA 20190
During this two-day course, attendees will learn the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), by far the most popular method for implementing Agile on large Government programs. Attendees will learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation in the Government. Attendees will get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams, managing technology investments, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value.
What Do Attendees Get?
- Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshments
- Eligibility to take SAFe® 4 for Government Practitioner (SGP) exam (must attend both days of the course to qualify)
- SAFe 4 Government Practitioner certificate and digital badge (after passing exam)
- One-year membership to the SGP Community of Practice
- Course certificate of completion
- 30 minute private Q&A / consulting with instructor after last day of class
Are There Prerequisites?
There are no prerequisites. However, some familiarity with Agile concepts, Scrum, and Government programs are extremely helpful. We will provide a list of recommended readings and videos prior to the course.
What Certification Do I Get?
You will become a Certified SAFe for Government Practitioner (SGP) after attending the class and passing the test.
Can I Get Continuing Education Credits?
Yes, this course qualifies for 15 PDUs from PMI for the ACP and PMP certifications.
What Will I Learn?
- Transition Government programs to SAFe
- Understand the relationship of SAFe to DevOps
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize programs into Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
Q – Can this class be taken online?
A – No, Scaled Agile only awards certifications for training delivered in live classroom settings.
Q – Can the test be retaken if I don’t pass?
A – Yes, Scaled Agile charges $50 for retakes. Most of our students pass on the first attempt.