Packaged Agile is a boutique, agile and digital services-focused coaching and consulting company. We help our clients deliver measurable value to their customers and aspire to bring “good agile” to clients across the public and private sectors.
We hire passionate people who believe in agility, understand how to meet people where they are, and treat them with respect while helping them succeed. And we want to hire people that see their continuous growth and improvement as a way of life.
We are proud to be a United States Small Business Administration (SBA) HUBZone certified company. Though not a requirement for this position, we strongly prefer candidates who live in an SBA HUBZone. (Learn More Here)
As a Scrum Master at Packaged Agile, you’ll be responsible for helping your client Scrum Teams implement good agile practices focused on continuous improvement and delivering value to customers. Your responsibilities include:
- Embrace your client’s vision and goals, making them your own.
- Invest yourself in your client’s product – understand what it is, how it works, and the value it delivers to customers and users.
- Facilitate effective Scrum events and events to drive development and improve processes.
- Design effective methods to keep remote team members engaged.
- Monitor the health of the Scrum team and adjust approaches as needed.
- Remove obstacles within the team’s sphere of influence.
- Build trust and strong relationships with and among team members.
- Identify and explain risks in plain language. Provide mitigation recommendations.
- Lead Scrum and ad-hoc training to improve the team’s skills.
- Advise the client and team on agile best practices
As this is a general interest job posting, below are typical requirements for this type of role with Packaged Agile.
- US Citizenship or Green Card status with the ability to pass a Public Trust clearance process with a US Government client
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master
- 5+ years of business experience on IT software projects or products
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent certification required. Multiple agile certifications are strongly preferred.
- Passionate about Scrum and continuous learning
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Ability to maintain composure in the face of challenges
- Propose logical approaches to address issues
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in a mixed team of government personnel and other contractors
- Experience with entire software development life cycle (business process, requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, training)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strongly preferred: candidates who live in an SBA HUBZone. (Learn More Here)
- Salary Range: $100k- $130k
- Competitive benefits package including health care, dental, vision, and 401k match
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Packaged Agile is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or membership in any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.