Packaged Agile is a boutique, agile and digital services-focused coaching and consulting company. We help our clients deliver measurable value to their customers and aspire to bring “good agile” to clients across the public and private sectors.
We hire passionate people who believe in agility, understand how to meet people where they are, and treat them with respect while helping them succeed. And we want to hire people that see their continuous growth and improvement as a way of life.
We are proud to be a United States Small Business Administration (SBA) HUBZone certified company. Though not a requirement for this position, we strongly prefer candidates who live in an SBA HUBZone. (Learn More Here)
This is a remote contract/1099 opportunity for an estimated 3-6 months, with the potential for 12 months. As a DevOps Azure DevOps (ADO) Consultant for a US government client, you will be responsible for helping the organization implement, adopt, and optimize ADO practices to improve the delivery and operation of its applications and infrastructure. You will work closely with the development team implementing the tool to ensure they make the right decisions and that their tool-related processes are aligned with best practices and can support the organization’s goals.
Your role will involve providing guidance on implementing the ADO tool within the agile DevOps portfolio. You will provide guidance on what features (e.g. boards, pipelines, repositories, etc.) are necessary and beneficial, integrating other tools within ADO, automating infrastructure and configuration management, and implementing continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
As a DevOps Consultant at Packaged Agile, you’ll be responsible for helping clients implement the DevOps ADO tool and expanding the service offering to new clients.
- Performs migration of legacy development tools to the Azure DevOps toolset
- Developing an approach for data migration to the new toolset
- Aligning the testing approach and identifying areas for testing automation
- Developing branching strategy, code packaging, technical designing
- Responsible for version control and source code management
- Collaborates with developers, testers, and program team to understand requirements and accordingly plan deployment roadmap
- Performs automation of the code deployments and identifies areas for automation
- Ensures the code is run through appropriate code scanning tools before being promoted
- Trains the team members to align with the automation-first approach
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- US Citizenship or Green Card status with the ability to pass a Public Trust clearance process with a US Government client
- 4 years of experience implementing Azure DevOps
- Experience with agile development methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban
- Strong coaching skills, effective communicator, exudes patience and loves to teach others
- Experience in multi-environment, multi-branch release environments
- Experience in the financial management domain is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Financials or Intelligent Advisor is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to processes
- Strong documentation skills in implemented automation
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions for projects
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles and practices, including agile and software development methodologies, continuous integration and delivery, and infrastructure as code
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and team members while demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a similar field or equivalent experience
- Strongly preferred: candidates who live in an SBA HUBZone. (Learn More Here)
- Salary Range: $100 – $110/hour
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Packaged Agile is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or membership in any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.